Books and Activities
Leo the Late Bloomer
by Robert Kraus, Windmill Books, Inc., 1971
Leo couldn't do anything right. He couldn't read or write. He couldn't draw. And he was a sloppy eater. Every day and every night Leo's father watched him for signs of blooming.
- Make a list of things that you can do. Answer Wh-questions about each one.
The story was about Leo who bloomed like a flower. Discuss the word "bloom". Name other ways that children are like flowers. How many different flowers can you name (roses, carnations, etc.).
- What did you learn to do?
- When did you learn to do it?
- Who taught you how to do it
- Why did you want to learn to do it?